October 28, 2011

What I’m Reading: October’s Food Allergy Surfing



It's that time of the month again for 'What I'm Reading'. This month I have been looking for steamy hot soup recipes and I've been thinking about the difference between food allergies vs. intolerances and all the 'stuff' that goes with it. Oh, I've also been daydreaming about a ski trip to the French Alps with an allergy aware kitchen in a sweet chalet...mmmmm! And lest we forget some top notch food photography because I always need a bit of food eye candy to get me though the day.








Food Allergy Talk:
A helpful post to help keep your Dairy Free diet top notch beaming with the nutrients you may be missing:
The nourishing Gourmet: Q & A: What Nutrients Am I Missing on a Dairy Free Diet?

An interesting little q&a answer on cross-reactivity and likely food allergy relationships:
Safe Food: can you be allergic or intolerant to more than one food?

A sensible & realistic clarification of the allergy vs. intolerance debate from foodsmatter.com: Foods Matter: ‘Food allergies in children over-diagnosed

What you don’t know about sucralose:
Learning to Eat Allergy Free: Dear Colette, I think I’m allergic to Sucralose


Food Allergy Friendly Product Reviews:
Free-From ski trip in an Allergy Safe Chalet in Morzine, France anyone? I found this advertised on foodsmatter.com Check out the Your Stay > Allergen Free Food page: www.alikats.eu


In the Kitchen:
Handy Helpful flour mixing chart for all the Gluten Free bakers out there:
Gluten Free Blog: Guide to Gluten Free Flour Blends


Recipes:
Two recipes from C’est la Vegan which are making me want cold winter evenings and movies:
Artichoke Vegan Soup
Vegan Onion Dip

And one from Ice Cream Ireland to make me crave coffee and friends:
Gluten Free & Dairy Free Olive Oil Brownies:


My Monthly Dose of Eye Candy:
The yum yum YUM Photographs from the photographer working on Gluten Free Girl’s new cookbook : http://www.pennydelossantos.com/#a=0&at=0&mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=0&p=1

A drip-tastic shot of Gluten Free Quinoa Pumpkin Pancakes: http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2010/10/14/quinoa-pumpkin-pancakes/

Simply Nice Pictures: www.mattarmendariz.com

No comments: