March 10, 2012

Raw Soup & Tea Parties

I was working in the city centre all last week which meant that I was keeping an eye out for affordable healthy Food Allergy Free lunches to tame my midday beast. Unfortunately I’m not used to having such a short lunchtime allotment so I kept ending up in Blazing Salads rotating between the Buckwheat burger and the Millet burger (I seriously can’t decide which I like more!) and sadly forgot all about the Blazing Salads stamp cards that have been tucked away in my wallet out of sight and out of mind for months… but one thing that I did spot was the Carrot & Avocado Living Soup now available in Cornucopia. I was thinking about it all week and really really wanting to try it out but the ingredient of raw garlic just didn’t seem a plausible lunchtime solution for fear of knocking my co-workers down with raw living garlic breath so at last, Saturday rolled around and when F. suggested a soup lunch I jumped at the opportunity!

- Wheat Free
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Raw
- Vegan
- Vegetarian

And boy, What a treat!! It was a luxuriously creamy blend of avocado and carrot with lemon and garlic - yum, Yum, YUM!!! But despite how much I loved it, sadly F. was not as impressed. He liked the taste but a bowl of cold soup is definitely not his thing (mental note to self: never make Gazpacho soup for F!). All of Cornucopia’s breads are Dairy Free and they have Gluten Free bread too but I chose the Spelt slice to accompany my living soup which was very rustic brown (resembling many moist rye breads) with whole seeds throughout. And can I take this moment to say that I LOVED it? Because I truly did... Perhaps I extra loved it because I had been refraining from Wheat and Gluten for so long that spelt bread was such a luxury, but I think the real reason is because it was the perfect partner for dipping each bite into the soup creating a full creamy wonderful taste with a soft moist bite. Now yes, yes, I know that dipping baked bread into a raw living soup is a bit of a contradiction but I’m not actually a Raw foodist so I think that I’m exempt from such rules ;)

However, if you are less interested in my Raw soup and baked bread combo and more interested in Raw food, Raw activities and Raw talks you should check out Sseduced’s Afternoon Tea Party. Síl, from Sseduced, is having a Raw Tea Party at in Clontarf on March 17th at 15:30 - 17:30 (a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day alternative might I say!).
image courtesy of sseduced

On the menu will be Banana Walnut Muffins, Carrot Goji Cake, Quiche, Waffles and more! And of course, everything that Síl makes is always

- Raw
- Sugar Free
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Yeast Free
- Soya Free
- Vegan
- Vegetarian
- Organic

So head on over to www.sseduced.com to read more about it and book your place! But hurry because there are limited places and it’s booking up fast.

**************************************************************************************

Cornucopia's Raw Living Carrot & Avocado soup is €3.50 for a small bowl and €5.00 for a large bowl (1 slice of bread included or €3 & €4.50 without bread)

Síl’s Afternoon Tea Party is €36 and you can book your place here: www.sseduced.com

No comments: