June 18, 2011

Food for my Mind and Eyes: What I’ve Been Reading Online This Week


When you have food allergies and love both food and life, an obvious pastime becomes surfing the www. for interesting, tempting and amusing tidbits, sites and inspiration. Today’s list is a bit eclectic but I think each link has something different but equally worthy to offer…

A marvellous trove of Wheat, Dairy, Soya, Yeast and Egg free recipes: www.theintolerantgourmet.com
A great girl with a handy selection of multiple food allergies. Pippa has a lot of talent in the kitchen and creates some thoroughly inspiring recipes. Just yesterday there was Gluten free etc, etc, flatbread – Hello! My own abilities wavered (a lot) when I attempted a gluten free flatbread invention but these ones look the bomb!

For tourists & locals of Dublin alike, some photographic before and afters of Dublin (June 1961 – June 2011): www.photography.paul-walsh.net/landscape/Cushman/
Pity the angles weren’t better but it’s still pretty neat to see the changes and the lack of changes! My favourite bits are the cars –so greeny blue and deliciously rounded :D and I also love the trees which look like they were planted fully grown! Not to mention the stunted growth of the trees across from the Four Courts – what happened?! 50 years and NO growth?? What’s been going on for the last 50 years down on the quays?!!

Hilarious Vegan Blog. I'm not really vegan but Vegansaurus makes me laugh out loud almost every time I get caught up on their posts: www.vegansaurus.com/post/6558973058/check-out-this-shirt-from-new-vegan-t-shirt
This t-shirt reminds me of ‘Scott Pilgrim vs. The World’ – VEGAN POWERS! I Love it.

Best Blog EVER! – Purely because I LOVE Goats! : www.goatsonstuff.com The goat pictured below is Rachel. She was my very lovely and special pet goat but she had an unfortunate accident with a Bull and so she had to be put down...

Vegan & Gluten Free Waffles : www.greenveganliving.blogspot.com/2011/06/healthy-waffles-vegan-and-gluten-free.html Its been yeeeears since I had waffles.. Yum, Yum & Yum. Waffles should be part of everybody’s life – ‘gluten free’, ‘dairy free’, ‘egg free’ diets or ‘I-eat-everything’ diets… Waffles should be part of your personal constitution!

Travelling to America? Some Phone apps and the likes for allergy friendly restaurants: www.foodallergyassistant.blogspot.com/2011/05/food-allergy-has-high-tech-help.html

If I wasn’t avoiding sugar right now I would be ALL OVER this recipe! http://icecreamireland.com/2011/06/04/elderflower-champagne-sorbet-2/
Not only do I LOVE sorbet…but Elderflower might actually be the best flavour in the whole sweet world! And on top of that, it’s almost July and I’m not going to be at the Herrang Dance Camp in Sweden this year (Swing Dancing if you’re wondering) where Vegan (aka dairy free!) Elderflower sorbet abounds!! Some things just don’t warrant thinking about...
Ciao for now, and have a great weekend!

No comments: